School Runs / Translink
Mt Gravatt School Runs
Mt Gravatt Bus Services has been safely transporting students to and from local schools and colleges for 40 years. The company started with one school bus in 1974 and now we have 22 School Runs servicing local schools and colleges. What makes us different from the rest? With our School Runs, we can pick up and drop a student anywhere along a school route - as long as the student hails the bus from the kerbside, and it is safe for the student to board and the driver and bus to pull over. We also try and allocate the same driver and bus to their own school run throughout the year, not only for safety and peace of mind, but for friendships, the laughs and fun that each driver has with their passengers. Click here for 2014 School Runs
Mt Gravatt Route Service
Code of Conduct for School Students Travelling on Buses
A significant number of school students in Queensland travel on buses to attend school. All students have the right to a safe and enjoyable journey between home and school. In the morning, a pleasant trip to school can set the tone for a day of productive learning. The purpose of the Code of Conduct for School Students Travelling on Buses is to provide guidelines for those involved in the safe travel of school students on buses.
These guidelines encourage and support appropriate school student behaviour on buses by:
- Identifying the rights, roles and responsibilities of students, parents/carers, bus drivers, bus operators, conveyance committees (where kilometre-based school bus services operate), school principals and the Department of Transport and Main Roads in contributing to safe and responsible bus travel;
- Outlining the process to identify categories of misconduct providing the framework to determine appropriate consequences for incidents of school student misconduct on buses.
- Highlight the importance of collaboration between all stakeholders in managing school student behaviour on buses.
- Assist bus operators to manage school student behaviour in and appropriate and consistent manner.
The Code applies to all primary, middle and secondary school students in Queensland who use buses either to travel to and from school or for other school-related activities, for example, school sports, excursions and camps.
For more information about the Code of Conduct for School Students Travelling on Buses, please click here.
My child’s safety and welfare is my number one priority especially in this day in age and trusting someone with my child’s safety is every parent’s dilemma. Since dealing with Mt Gravatt Coach and Travel for the past two years for my child’s school transport, I cannot commend the staff and drivers enough for their customer service, care of duty, driver safety and knowledge. From the first initial contact - to the final day my daughter caught her last school bus, it has been a great relief that I could trust you with her safety. I only hope that our next transport provider can live up to your wonderful reputation!
Quick Quote/Contact us
Ask us about...
- Conference tours
- Sporting tours / transfers
- Professional group tours
- National tours / charters
- Transfers to other transport
- "Extra mile" services (e.g. looking out for "little people")
- Luggage transfer (including large musical instruments)
- Adding value to your tour
- Itinerary development
- Wedding transport
- Garden club tours
- Educational tours
- Church group tours
Contact us:Mt Gravatt Coach and Travel
Call: (07) 3808 7800
39 Kenway Drive,